I hope everyone is having a good Summer. Here is the 2014-15 High School Band Packet (PDF) which includes the Handbook (pp. 1-9), Confirmation Agreement (p. 10), Calendar (p. 11), and some FAQs (pp. 12-13).
Have a safe July and we will see you on August 4th.
To: Next Year’s 5th Grade Band Students and Parents
From: Mr. Giffin & Beginning Band Instructors
Re: Summer Band Schedule – August 2014
Here is the schedule for our Summer Band Classes (PDF). We have tried to consider all request, but not all were possible. We strongly encourage you to attend most, if not all, of the classes. We will help you learn enough songs so you can enjoy playing your new instrument.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO NOTE:
1. Our summer band classes will run for two consecutive weeks, beginning the week of Monday, August 4, 2014, and continuing through Thursday, August 14, 2014. Classes run in different time blocks on Monday through Thursday of each week.
2. All students are scheduled for three 45-‐minute beginning band classes per week for those two weeks. All names and groups are listed on the schedule. (See schedule for exact days and times.)
3. All classes will be held in (or near) the band room at Fallen Timbers Middle School during the day.
4. Students will need their instrument (clarinet and saxes – don’t forget your reeds!) and beginning band book (Essential Elements 2000) when they arrive for their lessons. Those families working through Rettig Music should find their instrument at FT waiting for them.
5. The classes are grouped by instrument (i.e. flutes with flutes, trombones with trombones, etc.). Students may switch from one class to another (of the same instrument) if it fits your schedule, BUT, PLEASE SWITCH ONLY IF IT IS NECESSARY. The instructors are able to teach more effectively with balanced classes.
If you have questions, contact Mr. Giffin.
Here is the last newsletter of 2013-14: June 9, 2014 (PDF).
Have a great week.
Here is this week’s newsletter: June 2, 2014 (PDF).
Have a great last 3 days of school.
Please print the flyer (PDF) needed for the Saturday, May 31 restaurant fundraiser at Papoo’s Coney Island in Whitehouse [10335 Waterville Street, Whitehouse, OH 43571; (419) 877-5320].
The fundraiser runs from 6:30am until 9:00pm. Papoo’s will graciously donate 20% of your sales (except alcohol) to the AW band programs.
Check out papoosconeyisland.com to see the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Like Papoo’s on Facebook as one way to show our thanks.
Thank you for supporting the AW bands!
Here is this week’s HS newsletter: May 26, 2014 (PDF).
8th grade parents are now getting this weekly newsletter via email to keep them informed of events as their child transitions into the HS band.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Here is this week’s newsletter: May 19, 2014 (PDF).
Thanks to the Chicken BBQ and Banquet Committees for 2 great events.
Hope you have a great week.
Here is the newsletter for May 12, 2014 (PDF).
Hope you have a great week.
As everyone is aware, the 17th of May is the Chicken Barbecue and Band performances at the high school. The bands start their performances at two o’clock and perform for nearly four hours.
Prior to the barbecue, there will be a Ford Drive 4UR School event in the front parking lot between the Junior High School and the High School. This fundraiser allows all our supporters to drive a brand new Ford vehicle and raise $20 for each test drive taken. We have the opportunity to raise $6,000 for the student’s portion of the upcoming Disney trip.
We will start at 10 am and go until we get 300 test drives. We’ll have a preplanned route and plenty of Ford family vehicles for you to experience. Please invite your friends and family to join us. Drivers have to be 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me at any time.
AWBB — President